Sunday, October 9, 2011

That was the week that was!

Well I am home after a random week of touring with my favorite people, my lovely band and dancers. We only did 3 dates but had a week in the South to savor good food, the odd beer and great company.

First stop was Radford University, VA. What a nice school in the middle of a beautiful area! The campus itself is just gorgeous and the performance hall was just perfect for us, with about a thousand seats. Got to speak to the President, Dean and their donors about their contributions to the arts. I, of course talked about Wexford and the Opera Festival...wow, I'm like a broken record.

It was nice to have people ask me about the presidential election at home and indeed about the recovery happening at home(at least the think it is happening!) It was also just great to talk to people about my trip to Ireland in May 2012 with Colette Vacations. I was telling them that the next webinar is on October 13. Register Here

So after a really successful concert we headed on our merry way to one of the most gorgeous towns in the South. Capital of all things polo and horses, Aiken, SC. Seriously, I want to move there. We were performing for 2 nights in their really amazing Arts Center. The theater staff and indeed, their catering was the best we have had. They wrote the book on South hospitality. I stayed at The Willcox which is just spectacular.



Got to meet the nice people who had donated to SCETV during pledge and got a nice surprise from a really nice Japanese man and his wife who had travelled a long way to hear me sing. Hiro, it was great to meet you and I am so humbled that you made the journey to meet me.




I am home but my poor band had all sorts of flight issues and are still en route back west. They always seem to get stuck. Thanks to Jackie Moran, Kathleen Keane, Mellad Abeid, David Schulz for making my week so special. To Owen, Claire and all of the other dancers, I appreciate your hard work. My new stage manager Ashley Evanson made everything so easy.

So next stop New York. I have a week in Chicago first but then I start doing radio and TV to spread the word on Beyond Celtic and The Road Not Taken.
I also have an event supporting Concern being hosted by my friend Jean Clancy(manager of Celtic Thunder) and Maeve O Malley long time advocate for Haiti and probably the most fun person I know on earth. The event will be held in Claret in Sunnyside and you can find out more here

Coming soon I head west to sing at a Hollywood event and then on to San Francisco to sing at the opening of the Union Sq Holiday Ice Rink on Nov 9. Watch for live performances on WGN, Better TV and WFUV

So it starts to get busy again.........

No comments:

Post a Comment