Monday, September 19, 2011

Damien, Wexford and more.......

So tonight, Monday September 19 at 7pm Central,we are having a webinar to chat to fans. I am hosting a tour to Ireland next May and we want to answer questions fans have about the tour. I am excited to host a group not only travelling around Ireland but also in my home town, Wexford. You have heard me at the concerts talk about how great the place is and now you can come with me to see it for yourself. To register for the webinar click on Wexford

Proud to tell you that Damien McGinty, formerly of my friends in Celtic Thunder who has gone on to great things in Hollywood, getting into the cast of Glee.....is now a supporter not only of Concern Worldwide but also a supporter of Haiti with a new program called Your Dollar, Our Future.




My link to Haiti and Concern

Your Dollar, Our Future: Michael Londra with Concern in Haiti from Concern Communications on Vimeo.




I am very happy to announce that after debuting on the PBS network nationally in August, Michael Londra's Beyond Celtic, my exciting production involving a cast of the finest Celtic musicians and dancers will begin touring North America in November. We have aired over 250 times nationally with more airings and live pledges for tickets coming in September through December. We begin touring in late fall and are currently looking at 50 dates nationally through 2012 so far. Phew, I am exhausted even saying it.

The pledges last week on the West Coast were a lot of fun with stops in Seattle and San Bernardino.....and a few days in the Hollywood Hills by a pool! Shout out to the Celtic Thunder fans who called in to the station to say hello and to the lovely lady who made me scones.

This summer has been thrilling, tiring and fun. It was just wonderful to get the reaction from people to the show. I feel like I am at journey's end and have such a sense of satisfaction but the funny thing is that it is only beginning. It will be great just to get going. I have asked some fantastic musicians to join me including the great Steve Holloway and Tony Steele from the band of Riverdance on Broadway. Also joining me along the way in various ports will be Caitlin Warbelow, Jackie Moran, Kathleen Keane, Mellad Abeid, David Schulz and a lovely orchestra. With guest artists Sephira joining us occasionally and World Champion Irish Dancer Owen Barrington plus a troupe of dancers, this all adds up to be a great night out. Amazing to me to get to work with these brilliant people on and off stage in my own show.

The album and dvd are available now for preorder on Amazon with an Oct 11 release date on the Razor and Tie label. Along with those releases is a new studio album featuring studio versions of some of the songs from the show along with some previously unreleased tracks of covers and originals including a nice new version of my tribute to my friend Eoin Colfer's great character Artemis Fowl and a cover of U2's classic Ground Beneath Her Feet. The Road Not Taken has the same release date: October 11. So all you people out in blog world can be the first to know that we have had our first meeting to talk about Beyond Celtic 2. We've decided on a date in Spring 2012 and on a general direction. Details to follow but it is certainly exciting. Onwards - Upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment