Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Daniel Furlong

Soooooo


The album and dvd is available for pre-order now on Amazon.com

Listen to Road Not Taken

Now all the Thunderheads at the first Celtic Thunder date know about Daniel and word is spreading like wildfire. I have been dying to shout from the rooftops for a while now as young Daniel is indeed from my homestead Wexford and I have known him since he was knee high....not that that he is much bigger now. He has been a light on the music scene at home for a while now.

He's from an area just outside the town called Taghmon, a village I love. Full of nice people and a love for music. I guess that is what Wexford is all about. I first met him in the local radio station. I was a boy soprano too so I identified with him straight away. The only difference is that when I was a kid I had no confidence at all and was terrified. Daniel has an inner confidence without being cocky in any way. I gave him a few words of advice that day and I know he has always been grateful for it. He has that essence that singers need to make it in the business. It is not his voice but that piece of magic that is rare.

I remember when he played Oliver in a local production. I was asked along to launch the production and I talked about making a future as a singer to all the kids in the show. I looked over at Daniel and said I knew he would be a big star one day. He had that spark then and now it is only beginning to shine. Here is a pic from that night


I know you will love his singing and in the future I will be asking for his autograph. Wexford is very proud of him. I am very proud of him. The question is will we ever get to record together now as we've always had a plan. I want to sing with him before that voice breaks. A boy soprano is just the most perfect sound.

Anyway, his family and the whole town of Wexford is beaming tonight.

Join me on FACEBOOK

The next news is more pledges for my show Beyond Celtic coming up in

Seattle KCTS 9 7pm 9/12/11
Spokane KSPS 7pm 9/12/11
San Bernardino /LA KVCR 7pm 9/12/11

I am live in Seattle and San Bernardino. I wish I could be live in Spokane is it is one of favourite towns but we are pledging tickets for a show in all pledges. Watch the show for details.



The other piece of news is that we had our first meeting on Monday to discuss the 2nd PBS show to be filmed in spring 2012. Now that......is exciting! Details to follow.

Here is an outtake from the first Beyond Celtic in case you missed it.



Don't forget to check out my new website

Michael Londra's Beyond Celtic


Lastly as you know I am hosting a trip to Ireland beginning on May 1, 2012 with Judy's Leisure Tours centered on a trip to my home town for a one off special concert and then heading around my favorite spots in Ireland. There is a webinar to be held on Sept 19. To register click here. The tour is proving to be popular so come along to find out about the tour before it is too late.

So much has been going on lately that I am forgetting to smell the coffee. The only time I get to do that is when someone writes a note or email or sends a card. I want to thank you all for each and every thought you put to paper or on an email. It is certainly inspirational.

Big Love

M

No comments:

Post a Comment