Sunday, April 4, 2010

CELTIC FIRE

HI EVERYONE
FIRST OF ALL I HAVE TOTALLY NEGLECTED THIS BLOG SO I AM VERY SORRY.

Life has been crazy for the past while. March tends to be a little busy for me as you can imagine. I have been fulfilling my last 5 dates with Celtic Legends and so ends my connection with the show. The shows were booked a year ago and I had to get together a group of 12 dancers and 5 musicians. Once we got everyone together and saw how talented everyone was, I decided why not put together our own show to tour the US.

And so.....CELTIC FIRE was born!

I am always being asked to produce my own show for the US and there are no US based Irish shows so it seemed like the next logical step. We put the show together in a few weeks and it has turned out to be the most satisfying and fun experience of my entire professional life.

The show is now in place. We have a website booked, the design figured out(and just wait for it...it is gorgeous) We have lovely new costumes that are truly beautiful.
Most importantly I have the nicest and most talented dancers and musicians I have worked with. Just nice people who are a joy to be with.

I asked the amazing Claire Worley on board to choreograph. She is incredible. She also designed and help make the costumes. Her brother Mellad has been musical director for my concerts for years and he is a gentleman. His original music and arrangements are really just perfect.

So we have some bookings in place. We are not going big with this show but keeping it to a manageable level so it doesnt take over my concert work. However this has been the most fulfilling time of my life. I am so proud of the kids involved in the show. Our first dates are in January 2011 in sunny Florida.(anything to avoid the Chicago winter)

We are currently adding new July concert dates in Iowa,South Dakota and Nebraska. Details to follow......

No comments:

Post a Comment